About Me

My photo
VA college student struggling to balance dreams of fabulosity with the realities of one's wallet. intoxicated by aesthetics, lover of simplicity, master of the last minute deadline, consistently overcaffeinated and overbooked... but wouldn't have it any other way.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Real Life Wear: Serious Stripes


WHAT: Target cardigan, UO striped shirt, Gap boyfriend jeans, Charlotte Russe flats, AE long necklace, gifted short necklace, unknown belt.

WHERE: First day of Tues/Thurs classes all semester. Even though it's freezing outside, I only have one class on these days and it's not till 3:30, the warmest time all day (albeit not really that warm), and so I opted to cuff the jeans.

WHY: Most of the time when I'm getting ready I start with one piece and go from there. Today I really felt like wearing my long necklace from American Eagle, so I opted for an outfit that wouldn't compete with it too much. The stripes and color palate seemed a little serious that day, so I tried to keep them relaxed by pairing them with some relaxed boyfriend jeans I don't get the chance to wear that often. I have a problem with visual proportion, and this cardigan has somewhat of a looser, "boyfriend" fit than most women's cardigans, so I gave in and did the whole Katie Holmes (sorry, Cruise) bit with my loose jeans. Too much loose just doesn't show a girl in her best light, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment