About Me

My photo
VA college student struggling to balance dreams of fabulosity with the realities of one's wallet. intoxicated by aesthetics, lover of simplicity, master of the last minute deadline, consistently overcaffeinated and overbooked... but wouldn't have it any other way.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Inspired by Alexander Wang (...who isn't...)

A few weeks ago I recently purchased a tank top from Urban Outfitters that I was madly in love with. At the time I didn't know what, but I knew it reminded me of something---a sort of effortless cool achieved by those lovely sagging cutout sleeves. Last night I was mulling through style.com's archive of RTW Fall 09 shows, looking for some inspiration as I strove to get together a look for my fall wardrobe, and I stumbled across this photo at Alexander Wang and nearly did a double-take. Had I known that the tank top I was so in love with was really just a blatant rip-off of Alexander Wang, I may have been more persuaded to try a more honorable way of achieving the style via DIY, but now that I'm stuck with it I secretly am quite excited with what I can do with it. Possibilities are practically endless:

-Tucked into a grey pencil skirt with some killer black stilettos for the office?
-Paired with acid wash denim for a modern take on the back-to-the-80s trend?
-Incorporated into your rainy day outfit, played up by some bright fire-engine red rainboots for a look sure to brighten up some grey skies?
-Or maybe with your favorite dark skinnies and a pair of booties with some tough hardware, to bring out your inner rock chick?

What do you guys think???


rainboots: target.com $24.99
booties: charlotterusse.com $39.99
acid wash pants: modcloth.com $47.99
pencil skirt: modcloth.com $39.99

No comments:

Post a Comment